Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 24, 2012

    The Oscars, it's better than talking about the weather.

    If you're reading this blog, I would hope that you have at least some interest in movies.  As for the Oscars, love em or hate em, it's as good a topic as any to talk about. (Tho if it's not to your fancy, I can go on for 2 hours about tea instead.  I kid you not.)  That's exactly what I've been doing since posting a link to the Academy Nominations page this morning on Facebook.

    To bring you up to speed: http://oscar.go.com/nominees

    Not too many surprises for me as I skimmed the list, out of the 9 (not 10) Best Picture nominations I've seen
    4 and they all deserve to be on the list.  I'm a little surprised Midnight in Paris made the cut, though I adore the film (I'd previously mentioned having some knowledge in modern art helps with the winks and giggles Woody Allen has written in, but they're by no means obscure art/film references) it really is something you're more likely to find in the Best Screenplay section (it's there too).

    I had to IMDB A Better Life and Demian Bichir after reading his name in the Best Actor category.  I was too embarrassed to admit this until others also began asking who his was/what the film is about.  Later I would also question how Michael Fassbender managed to get snubbed for this category?  As well as his movie Shame on the whole.

    David Fincher appears to have a knack for directing young actors all the way to the Oscars.  Last year it was Jesse Eisenberg, this year it's Rooney Mara up for Best Actress.  No I don't think she'll win, but a very good job all the same.  On the flipside, I've seen 3 of the 5 films nominated for Best Editing and no way there can be something better than Girl With A Dragon Tattoo in that dept!

    In the near future I hope to do an Oscars equivalent of this (written of course, I suck at photoshop):


     (aka who I want to win the Oscars vs. who I think will actually win...I just really wanted to slip in the image from (500) Days of Summer)

    In the meantime I leave you with the Oscars category that they left out:

    Best Animal in a Supporting Role:

    Uggie the dog
    The Artist

    Cosmo the dog
    Beginners

    Snowy the dog (because in my world, motion capture counts in any category I want)
    Adventures of Tintin

    Finders Key the horse
    War Horse

    Tai the elephant
    Water For Elephants

    and out of left field....the cat from The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo! ;)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment