Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, January 10, 2013

    What were you watching 9 years ago?

    A stark reminder that I still need to get my Top 10 list of 2012 put together... I was digging through an old private blog for some movie write-ups that I want to use in a future blog here and found this... lol... I will stand by most of these films (with the exception of 8 and 10... surely there must've been better films that year...)  

    What were your stand-out films of 2004?


    Ada's Top 10 Films of 2004

    (Film listed in the top ten are one of the following: from the 2004 Toronto International Film Festival, had a North American release in 2004, or is listed on www.imdb.com as released in 2004.)

    Ada's Top 10 Films of 2004
    1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (USA)
    2. Kill Bill Vol 2. (USA)
    3. Before Sunset (USA)
    4. Closer (USA)
    5. Shaun of the Dead (UK)
    6. Mysterious Skin (USA)
    7. It's All Gone Pete Tong (UK/Canada)
    8. The Libertine (UK)
    9. 2046 (Hong Kong)
    10. When Will I Be Loved (USA)

    Just missing the top 10 was Mean Girls (USA) and Sideways (USA)

    This list was compiled without my having seen Garden State, The Barbarian Invasions, or Hotel Rawanda

    IMO a lacking year in film, or perhaps it was just me (note all the USA films! ). #1 - #4 are genuine masterpieces. #5 - #7 were well made and deserving of some sort of recognition (whether it be #’s 5, 6, and 7 I’m not sure…), #8 - #10 normally would get a mention of some sort but not be on the top ten list at all.

    The following are honourable mentions, films that I saw in 2004 but were released in years prior, so good were they that I felt bad I was unable to include them on my list for this year:

    Intermission (2003/UK)
    Warriors of Heaven and Earth (2003/China)
    Infernal Affairs 2 (2003/Hong Kong)
    Goodbye Lenin (2003/Germany)
    The Safety of Objects (2001/UK/USA)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment