Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 23, 2015

    #AdaTIFFmems - A brush with fame

    Sometimes a "brush with fame" is exactly that.

    In 2012 Neil Jordan's anticipated (by me anyway) vampire film Byzantium, starring Saoirse Ronin and (a then lesser known) Gemma Arterton, came to TIFF where it had a screening at the Ryerson Theatre.

    I was there with my friends Mike and Jae, the three of us being the biggest fans of gothic horror out of our circle, and this was certainly a modern gothic.

    After the movie we walked up the aisle in house right, slowly making out way out.  A member of the theatre/festival staff was approaching in the opposite direction and asked us to keep to one side of the aisle (let's say for argument sake it was left).

    Several people walked briskly past us, the least brisk of them stepping more casually and when I looked up to see what was the fuss, I saw the face of Colin Farrell passing me by.

    Holy shit!

    When we get outside I turn to my companions and exclaim "Holy shit, did you see who that was?"

    Jae (who's never phased by anything) was like "yeah, that was Colin Farrell"

    Mike is equally unaffected.

    All I say (still) is eff you guys and your nochalance, Colin frickin' Farrell just came within a foot of us!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment