Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, August 7, 2015

    #AdaTIFFmems - Hanging out with Adam Goldberg's mom

    In 2003 Adam Goldberg wrote and directed a film called "I Love Your Work", bit of a dark comedy from what I remember, something that I caught at the Isabel Bader with cast in attendance.

    The following day (or so) the film had its second screening at the Elgin, where I was volunteering in the afternoon, stationed out front of the theatre trying to keep the gazebo area clear so people could come and go from the box office.

    A lady, average looking, averagely dressed, was standing in the area I was trying to keep clear.  She explained to me that she was Adam Goldberg's mom and asked if she could wait there for the folks with the film, who had her ticket.

    Well I'm not about the boot the director's mom, plus she was so nice about it.  I almost felt like I should shield her from further questioning by other staff and volunteers.  What I did wind up saying to her was that I'd seen her son's film and enjoyed it a lot.  In the Q&A at Bader, Goldberg stated that the film was not meant to be autobiographical, but when I mentioned this to his mother, she thought there was a lot more of Adam in the film than he let on.

    One of the greatest things about speaking to this lady wasn't that she was a celebrity mom, but that she talked and acted like a regular mom, excited to see her boy's movie.  I thought this was adorable.

    Eventually the film folk showed up, spotted her immediately, and waved her down the carpet.  Alls well that ends well.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment