Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, August 30, 2015

    #AdaTIFFmems - Elgin Crew outtings

    Looks like I'm past that midnight deadline again.  In my defense, I've been sitting here searching for photos since just after 11:30pm...

    So earlier this week about half of us volunteer captains were at a training session over at TIFF Bell Lightbox, an informative affair, but also a great chance to see familiar faces and do some catching up.

    The waiting the training usually works is we are put into groups, often by the type of venue we work at.  So all of the people working at the same venue are typically put in the same group.  Our Elgin/Winter Garden collective wasn't particularly domineering but we were happy to be seated together.

    On the opposite end sat a rowdy bunch ;) ... better know as team Ryerson.  I have volunteered alongside many a Ryerson captain at TIFF Kids and other events, they're a lovely bunch, but when we get into our venue groups the trash talk begins.

    I will commend the Ryerson crew, they are a very close-knit bunch.  They keep in touch outside of the festival and get together regularly.  But before I start sounding like a complete wannabe, the Elgin crew is not too shabby when it comes to staying in touch either.

    We've had two get togethers outside of TIFF (a few more maybe if you count those nights during the festival when the captains decided to hit up the Imperial), a dinner near Christmas-time in 2008, and a quasi-impromptu brunch a couple years later.

    December 2008 at the Pickle Barrel


    The brunch at Hot House 2-3 years later was probably in the springtime (?) a bit more cobbled together.  I was not the principle photographer, I remember Veronica (whom I only really got to know after this brunch, where she was invited by Davor) had a camera that day.  I was only able to find a few random photos.

    Darrin and Jack (not sure if we've just said something to scandalize Jack or if that's just his itis kicking in after buffet).

    Veronica and Davor in the left side of the photo... I can't say I really remember Veronica from the Elgin at that point, but her and I are now good friends, and last year we captained together at the Elgin.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment